Thursday, May 29, 2014

Revisiting Old Loves!

Ah Safari what memories you give me.  I first sniffed this in an acting class in college back in 1995.  I smelled it on a girl who made all the guys in class just crazy about her.  To her credit she was actually very sweet and nice and probably had no idea that she was the man magnet of the class....lol.

In any case, I found out what she used to wear and it was Ralph Lauren's Safari.  I had never really tried to wear a perfume that was like this because at this time I seemed to stay within a strongly flowery range-very sweet and ultra feminine.  I went to Bon Marche (now known as Macy's), to sample it myself and I sprayed a bit on my wrist and walked around for mall for a bit.  It was truly a sensory experience I will never forget.  It was such a warm and comforting scent.  Like being wrapped up in a cozy fur blanket.  I can see where the name fits the feeling that this juice gives one.  Another beautiful aspect of this perfume is the color.  It's such a gorgeous glowing amber color.  I think it probably resembles the golden color of the sunset across the jungle preserves in Africa.  I ended up buying a large bottle, lotion and traveling spray.  The bottle, box, everything is just so lush and luxurious.  I wore it to death and I even kept the bottle for a couple of years after it was all gone just to enjoy the remnants of the scent. 

After a few years of doing without this I desired to add it to my collection once again but was shocked by the hugely increased price tag.  It literally doubled in price from the first time I purchased it.  I went back and forth for a while deciding on if I should purchase it or not.  It's definately not a cheap buy so I recommend sampling it to make sure you don't have a huge hole in your wallet that you cant replace. 

For me this was such an inspiring scent and the memories of those years wearing it were delightful and when I was young and impetuous and without children, so I grabbed the bottle and today when getting ready I was deciding that I wanted to smell different for today and I decided this fit my mood.  Also my weather here in the Pacific Northwest is pretty gray and rainy which is usual most of the time and it sometimes feels good to wear a heavy hot scent to offset the gray skies.

Hope you are having a Wonderful day and if you haven't already tried Ralph Lauren's Safari then please give it a try.  It's a bold, wild, and spicy scent wearable any time of the year.

Samantha

1 comment:

  1. I am intrigued to try this, I almost purchased a mini bottle of this on ebay to try and collect....I might still :)

    ReplyDelete