Thursday, May 8, 2014

Nirmala by the House of Molinard


 http://pubsparfums.free.fr/images/M/MOL09.jpg

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/o.6228.jpgOn Monday I went scent exploring at my local favorite spot.  As I was browsing the wares I found a few I wanted to sample and as I was, the shop owner and I were chatting away about what types of scents that I fancy.  I had decided to purchase something I've wanted for a while to add to my collection, the owner suggested another scent by Molinard, called Nirmala.  I thought, well the bottle looks so blase, but it was from one of my favorite perfume Houses, Molinard.  He generously sprayed a card and smelling it I got the most wonderful wafts of mango, tropics, sweet spices.  Like a outdoor kitchen in a tropical jungle with exotic flowers growing everywhere.  Wow!  What a heady and overwhelming scent-I was IN LOVE! 

Even so, I thought that I should wait on it before purchasing something based upon a positive experience just from the bottle alone.  Before I left I sprayed my right arm with Nirmala and left the store with my purchase and walked to my car and once I got in and sat down I took a sniff at my arm.  What happened was one of those special moments where perfume can really make an impression.  I literally had a memory explosion of my childhood growing up in Hawaii.  The scent literally brought memories to the surface of sticking my head out of the family car window driving through the Windward valley of Oahu with my family, smelling the air and the natural sweetness and floral air.....Ahhhhh...Delicious....scrumptious....encompassing.....beautiful.

Even then I still drove off telling myself that I didn't need another addition to my collection.  I got about 2 miles away when I said I MUST own this!  I drove back and walked into the store and declared, that's it I need that perfume!  The shopkeeper just smiled and felt like I had found a newfound ally in my endless search for inovative and compelling scents.  I thanked him for finding me a scent that was so up my alley.  These are the types of relationships with like minded individuals that I like to foster in my obsession for perfumes. 

I wore it again yesterday and I generously sprayed myself and clothing.  It was strong but the sillage was not enourmous so I got to enjoy the warmth and exotic scent all day long, like a warm tropical hug.  These vintage scents were really meant to worn by individuals not afraid to smell different, to smell like something, rather than nothing.  Its so me and I am so happy :-)

Enjoy your day and what scents in the vintage realm are your favorites?  Or have you been dying to try something rare and old and have never had the chance to sample it yet?

Samantha


5 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of finding a great scent that literally takes your breath away and fills you with nostalgic olfactory joy, isn't it wonderful? I'm sure I've tried something vintage before from my Grandmothers perfume as a child, but I don't remember the names...I would love to inherit her old glass bottles, antique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also need to find this shop you speak of next time I head west this summer for a shopping trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I wish I could go back and take my grandmother's stash of bottles she had before they disappeared. She had some really pretty frosted glass bottles. And one of her favorites was Anais Anais by Cacharel. She would always have the skin softening lotion in this huge glass bottle which I haven't been able to find-the bottle was gorgeous and heavy ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you do head this way this summer I'll let you know where I go locally. I love shopping for perfume history in old antique shops and consignment shops etc. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

  5. With a securely appended auto situate, an essential watch that you have all that you have to make the infant feel at home, and extra garments, towels and diapers for crises, you can without much of a stretch make the excursion a lovely and safe one for your little baby
    น้ำหอมในรถ.

    ReplyDelete