Tuesday, April 7, 2015

What are your favorite flowers?

It occured to me after a trip to the Skagit Valley in Northern Washington state that I had not been to a flower farm or beautiful garden in quite some time.  Even though I was going through some very painful personal life changes I realized that being surrounded by such beauty and color on a clear and beautiful spring day had the power to overcome a bit of sadness cast over my heart that day.



How wonderful are flowers?  Not only do they grace us with their external beauty but they can be distilled, crushed, pressed and turned into such beautiful essential oils for perfumistas such as myself to enjoy!  I love flowers of all sorts.  I've never really written down what are my most desirable and coveted blooms are however.  So here they are!













Forget Me Nots are unforgettable both in color and scent! 



     Lilacs are irresisteble aren't they?


    Freesias are my comfort flower and calm my spirit.


    My childhood memories abound with this flower.  The tropical Plumeria or Frangipani.


    Roses of course
     



    These are in no particular order but are some of my top 5 constant favorite flowers, both for their beauty and their inherent scent.

    I'd love to know what your favorite flowers are!

    Samantha

    3 comments:

    1. Wonderful post, it's amazing what a sunny spring day among flowers can do for the spirit. I'm glad it gave you a well deserved pick me up!

      My personal blossom choices consist of most Roses, Lilac, Violets (especially as a candy flavor, yum), Gardenias, Peony, Tuberose, and Jasmine (especially in tea!). I favor perfume that combines tuberose with sweets like caramel. So lovely! I hope to one day have a flower garden as lustrous as my grandmothers.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh I forgot a big one..and Osmanthus! :)

        Delete
    2. HI Lian! Long time since I've been able to Blog! This summer I definately want to visit some lavender fields. Currently I've a lilac tree blooming which I love, but they die so easily. No wonder lilacs are a favorite! Parma violet candies!

      Osmanthus! My memory doesn't define it well enough for me to recall the scent memory. I may have to check out a fragrance oil to recall that individual scent!

      ReplyDelete