Sunday, April 5, 2015

Roberto Cavalli Acqua.....Enchanting Liquid Dreams

Today I will be reviewing for you a flanker from Roberto Cavalli based off of his original release by the same name in the Gold Bottle released in 2012.  This Acqua version was released in 2013.  I recently acquired this gorgeous blue bottle from a recent Marshall's shopping trip.

I owned the original RC and absolutely adored it as it was full of spicy amber notes and lasted an incredibly long time on me.  I gifted it to a friend who had enjoyed my bottle very much.   I wanted to pick up another bottle of that one when I came across this version.  I looked it up and besides being intrigued by the beautiful bottle and color I fancy acquatic scents the most but find ones that have good lasting power to be difficult to find.  The only other acquatic that lasts as long on me is Womanity by Thierry Mugler, (a much maligned bottle to be sure).

All of the flankers are shaped as the original in a sculped oval glass with his signature gold stopper.  A very simple but elegant design.  The bottle has heft and is sturdy and the color of the acqua glass is a showstopper on your vanity.  When bottle design blends well with the intended aroma and name such as this beauty then I believe I have found my Holy Grail of acquatic scents.

This perfume was created by Louise Turner and the inspiration as the flacon seems to imply is exciting Mediterranean nights.  When looking at the notes listed I was surprised at the simplicity as to me this perfume seems quite complex in how it wears through the course of the day.  The main notes are listed as: Jasmine, watery notes, lemon/citrus, lily of the valley, sensual musk.

On initial spray I get smacked in the face with lemony citrus, Neroli I believe?  At the same time I smell salt or salty air, perhaps the base of musk shows through highlighted by the citrus blast at first.  The more I smell my wrist I begin to pick up the faintest hint of jasmine flower.  I cant immediately detect the Lily of the Valley note as its described as a heart note.  It does start to take prominence about 20 minutes into the scent.  I detect spicy warmth on further testing.  I definately can feel the aura of being on a beach or patio at night in the Mediterranean under a starry and black sky.  This scent is pure heaven to my nose.  It is fresh, but clean without seeming pungent and sour as sometimes acquatic scents can be on me. 

On me aquatic scents really show up well with my chemistry especially when layered with a type of musk as a base note.  I am completely smitten with this turqoise jewelled perfume.  I love everything about it.  I am obsessed with the color and gold, the juice inside lasts several hours wear on me even in somewhat warm weather.  I sprayed it four separate times.  Each wrist and elbow.  I did get nice comments from others while wearing this which is an added plus.  I enjoy it when my perfumes sillage gets me noticed purely on basis on smelling good.

If you like acquatics or the color blue then give this lovely gem a try.  Under 20 dollars at my local discount store and it was a steal!  I've some very spendy quality scents at several times that price and this one has garnered a special place on my perfume rotation.  I am enjoying using it at night as it seems to give me pleasant dreams.  It seems like a dream inducing scent especially with that beautiful Vincent Van Gogh blue bottle sitting on my dresser.  I love everything about this perfume.  It gets a full 5 stars in my book!

Hope you enjoyed this post and dont forget to ask if there's a particular perfume or scent you'd like for me to review.

Happy scent adventures to all my fellow perfume bunnies this Spring season.

Samantha

1 comment:

  1. What are you favorite acquatic scents? Or do you hate them?

    ReplyDelete