Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Favorite Scents for Spring 2014!

It's finally here.....My current Spring favorite scents of 2014.
I live in Western Washington State and as is so often the case here it is raining every day despite the temperature getting warmer its still pretty soggy around here.

I'd like to apologize for taking so long to upload this video.  I've had some difficulty getting around to editing and writing this month, but finally a day to myself to focus on my beloved passion!

Okay....To begin with, Spring is a lively time of emerging ideas and focus.  Everything seems to be coming to the fore with colors and scents and a renewed sense of fun.  My choices for Spring faves are as follows:

1. Insolence by Guerlain
2. Oscar De La Renta (Classic)
3. J. Lo Glow (Original)
4. Rosabotanica by Balenciaga
5. Chanel No. 19

For me a Spring scent must first of all smell good on me, so knowing your personal notes and what works on you is key for that knowledge.  Try, try, try again until you find what works for you.  Secondly it should be a scent that gives you a" pep in your step" so to speak.  Is it light, airy, sweet, fruity, fun?  It should suit your personality and make you feel in a way fresh and clean.  Like a refreshing spring shower. 

Insolence is a beautiful violet based scent full of that sweet candy smell from our childhood but with a tinge of spice that makes it less girly and more womanly. 
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Guerlain/Insolence-Eau-de-Parfum-4566.html

Oscar De La Renta (Classic) is a heady floral with a spiciness to it that I simply adore on myself.  Its good year round but I find it is very flirty on me during Spring, befitting the overall mood of the season.
 http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Oscar-de-la-Renta/Oscar-1131.html

J. Lo Glow (Original) is close to my heart as a perfume my Mom bought for me many years ago when it first launched.  I wear it during Spring time because it reminds me of her and my youth and it smells delightfully fresh and clean.  A slightly powdery watery scent on me.  Its quite strong if oversprayed so use judiciously.
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Jennifer-Lopez/Glow-869.html

Rosabotanica by Balenciaga, oh my how I adore thee!  This is the most beautiful fragrance to my mind that has been released in quite a while.  If there is one scent that screams Spring to me this is it!  So rosy, so sweet, so intoxicating.  English gardens reading a book next to a gnarled old tree on after a misty morning.  Oh my this one is to die for.  Its still the beginning of Spring and I have already used my general sample of this.  Will be purchasing a large bottle very soon.  Btw, the gottle is gorgeousness.
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Cristobal-Balenciaga/Rosabotanica-21987.html

Last but NOT least is Chanel No. 19.  My signature fragrance for a while now, I find it is at it's best during Springtime.  I believe it needs the coolness of early spring but the warmth of the sun to bring out its true character.  This one is a sure fire way to get attention.  Soft and billowly on a cool day, it whispers to you days of youth gone by.  Petticoats and lace and dreamy afternoons with nothing to do but contemplation of your future....Ah I love this one sooooo much!  It is green Chypre but not sour-at least not on me.  Lucky me ;-)
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Chanel/Chanel-N-19-11.html

Under each description is a link to view a very good site about perfumes.  Its one I frequent often and I find the reviews extremely helpful.  In fact when I go shopping for perfumes its after many hours of perusing this site in the hopes of finding my next hidden gem.  Check them out-great resource.

http://www.fragrantica.com/search/

Hope you enjoyed my Spring scents for 2014.  Hopefully I will have my video detailing these scents on my YouTube Channel soon!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-luXsK7hNIR2uRkU-ssoXA



Happy Spring! 
Samantha






2 comments:

  1. Hello, I loved your post! I am on a Chanel fix myself at the moment. I also have a perfume blog and I live in Washington as well. :) I am more of a Fall and Winter scent kind of gal, but the weather is getting real nice now, still a bit chilly, but it's nice to see the sun again. Love your blog!
    Cheers! Lian
    http://scentluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lian! Thanks for commenting. I love Fall and Winter scents too, as my faves are usually too strong for light summer time, but we get so much of the cold months here so lots of time to enjoy those wonderful scents. I'll check out your blog too. Enjoy the sun while we have it!

    ReplyDelete