Saturday, July 18, 2015

Want to smell like black pepper? A stinkfabulous review!

Hi Perfumistas and Perfumisters!

Welcome to a different variation of my reviews.  I have never done a stinker video or blog post before so prepare yourselves for some fun and I proceed to give my review of something I bought and tried out and simply detest!

Now usually I am a big fan of Roberto Cavalli's line of fragrances.  I love all of his flankers of his original the classic "Roberto Cavalli".  However recently I saw one I had yet to see at my local Marshall's and based upon my love for his other fragrances I blind bought a 3.4 oz bottle of his Serpentine scent.  The scent was designed by Perfumer Jacques Cavallier and is marketed as a floral/oriental with amber and balsamic undertones.

The bottle is goregous as usual for all the scents I have seen thus far.  I tend to favor less trendy bottles and instead prefer well crafted glass bottles in a more traditional shape.  
 This scent starts off really well to me.  I intially get the blast of a tart citrus and can immediately detect the frangipani note which is rare for me.  If the scent didn't progress any further than this stage I would so very happy because I love frangipani especially during summer.  However the florals blend really nicely to me for their are like jungle flowers warmed by the sun.  That's literally the mental image that I get at this stage.

For me when I wore this the warm floral stayed for about half an hour before the strangest thing started to happen.  Now, for me who is a BIG fan of pink pepper in her fragrances and typically adore spicy scents I was surprised when this perfume reached the stage of pepper-and I do mean straight black pepper.  Imagine dumping a bunch of pepper in your hands and rubbing it all over your pulse points and then smell your arms!
I am so crushed as I really liked the immediate scent until it turned into a kitchen table black pepper scent!

I had never experienced a perfume that actually smelled like black pepper.  Certainly I have smelled and adore the pink pepper notes in perfumes, but this was a first for me.  So sorry Mr. Cavalli but your scent went way off the mark for me in Serpentine.  Though I found the story behind the perfume, bottle, and esthetic of its marketing delightful.  It felt like a let-down half way through and sadly it didn't recover its initial warm flowery juiciness.  At the end it just smelled dry and roasted.

The one thing about this scent however is the longevity.  Two sprays and I could smell the continuous wafting of black pepper all day long, which is about 6 hours or so.  If this perfume just smelled like the opening without the dry black pepper I would LOVE this!  Alas no such sweet addiction for this scent from Mr. Cavalli.  Dont worry though.....I cant wait to try his other scents in the future as they typically have great longevity and work well with my chemistry with the exception of this pepper bomb!

Thanks again for reading and keeping up with my sweet scent journeys!!!

Til later lovelies and keep exploring the wonders of Fragrance.

Samantha








No comments:

Post a Comment