Monday, February 10, 2014

Do you LOVE Perfume like I do?

Hi and welcome to my Diary of my scent fantasy.  For me since I was very little I have been enchanted by perfume and scents, talcs and solid perfume pots, and the beautiful decants of lovely colored juice in its many wildy different contrasts.

I have through the years learned through trial and error and became quietly interested to the point of fanatical about all things related to how we express our innermost desires through our perceived sense of smell.  It's such a fascinating subject to me and so personally satisfying that I decided to keep a online diary of my experiences, favorites and disasters, personal embarassing moments where the wrong perfume can literally make others ill.

I hope that anyone enjoying my Blog in the future please keep reading, enjoying, commenting.  I am always interested in other self proclaimed perfumistas and the professionals in the subject to add your thoughts.  I am most passionate about my great loves in scent that to me epitomize the highest and lowest points in my life.

As in most of the fashion world where rules can be strict.... the perfume world knows no boundaries, has no class distinction, where price doesn't always equate with style or grace.  If I had one item on my vanity or closet to treasure as a Woman it would be my Bottles of  Beauty,  aromas that carry memories I will always treasure.

May the scents you treasure be enjoyed forever. 

1 comment:

  1. I discovered my passion for perfume early this year. Although I have always been intrigued by the mysticism of scent and the luxurious world of fragrances and how the fit into the lives of so many individuals. I didn't know at the young age of 15, that my first perfume would someday lead to an exquisite obsession. I was exposed to traditional classics at the young age of 15. I guess this is what stemmed my appreciation for this ancient art. The beauty of scent is in the power of it. Scent is the very essence of what it means to be a unique individual. A way for men and women to express themselves through the most primal of senses. Scent is powerful, in the way that it helps us recall memories, both good and bad. Scent is everywhere, and is a different experience for everyone. This is why it is so beautiful. What is even more beautiful is the fact that we can capture it for ourselves in gorgeous glass bottles. :)

    Lian

    ReplyDelete